- Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information
A. Performance of a Contract on Rendering of Services and Payment of Fees upon Rendering
Provision of content, purchases, and payments of purchases, delivery of goods or mailing of bills,
self-authentication for financial transactions and financial services
B. Members Management
Self-authentication due to the use of Membership-based services, identification of individuals,
prevention of fraudulent and unauthorized use of services by faulty members, verification of
customers’ intention to sign up for membership, verification of customers’ age, checking whether
the legal counsel for children under 14 years of age agrees to the collection of their personal
information, handling of customer complaints, and delivery of notices
- Personal Information Items Collected: Name, Log-in ID, password, address, cell phone
number, e-mail, the information on the legal counsel for a customer who is under 14 years
- Periods of Retaining and Using Personal Information
In principle, customers’ personal information shall be destroyed without delay after the purpose of
collection and use for personal information has been fulfilled. However, the below information shall
be retained for a specified period of time for a specified period of time for the following reasons.
A. Reason for retaining information in accordance with the company’s internal guidelines
Retention for the prevention of fraudulent transactions and operation policies: Five (5) years
*Retention for the prevention of fraudulent transactions and operation policies: Five (5) years
- Reasons for retaining information in accordance with relevant statutes
- Records on contracts or withdrawal of offers
- Ground for retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
- Retention period: Five (5) years
*Records on handling of consumer complaints or disputes
- Grounds for retention: Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
- Retention period: three (3) years
- Log-in records
- Grounds for retention: Protection of Communications Secrets Act
- Retention period: three (3) months
※ Customers may refuse to grant consent to this guideline. However, in case of doing so, they
may not sign up for membership.